View Single Post
Old 09-13-16, 07:01 AM   #5863
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsue View Post
The Super mark is used to mark something of interest, for example the position of a convoy from a radio contact report and is saved to the Ships Journal. If you have been tracking its progress, you can use a Super mark to mark its last position before you save and exit the game. You need to have a current Ships Journal active for your patrol which you can do from the SH5 Main Menu before you load your saved game. When you get back ingame, you can use the icon on the bottom of the Ships Journal to import the Super marks back onto the Nav Map. When you do this make sure that the "Read journal entries" box is unchecked and the Super mark/Nav mark boxes are checked otherwise all previous entries will be added again to your current journal and you end up with multiple entries of the same things!!!

The Nav marker is used in a similar fashion if you are doing the navigating yourself. I have noticed that if you shift or add a Nav mark, the Navigator will reference that mark when calculating future DR positions. I'm just starting to learn about doing my own navigation and giving old Emil a well deserved holiday, so I'm not overly familiar with what this marker can and can't do.
Basically that would be it...

I can only add that in order to use supermarks you have to open your nav map with "M" key exclusively. Also, when placing new mark you have to zoom out the map just enough to see your last navfix too (or U-boat position, or last placed supermark ect).

Other stuff are pretty much self explanatory trough numerous tooltips...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote