View Single Post
Old 06-09-23, 10:37 PM   #8
erahmig
Watch

Downloads: 88
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
There are two menus to choose your camera behavior from. The obvious one is the main menu, Options, Gameplay Settings, and tick the box for "No external view" so that it is cleared. That controls your Single Missions, Quick Missions, Submarine School, and Multi-Player mission runs. When in the Career modes though, you have to be in the Captain's Office on-base prior to sailing. On the US side, you look to the left and click on the wooden radio console, and get a very similar Options menu, and choose the same Gameplay Settings, which do default to "No external view" being turned on. Clear that and Apply Changes, confirm, and then exit the menu and go on patrol. The German office has the Options menu in the 4 drawer file cabinet by the Exit door...
That's got to be what happened! Thank you - I did not know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
glad you figured it out.

regarding the repeat of orders...that can happen when a player uses very high time compression (tc) and also shelling out to windows during play.

TC should be limited to no higher than 1024 or some unexpected things can happen and none of them are good for play.
I head read about high TC elsewhere - glad to have it confirmed. I was still in port so no TC had happened yet. However, I will limit it to 1024 - thank you.
Quote:
shelling out to windows is just bad, bad, bad. don't do it. if you accidently alt-tab out to Windows or if it happens on its own (yes, virginia, microsoft can do it to you), the only fix is to stop, save, exit. wait a second or two and then relaunch and reload.
This is really too bad. There are some utilities I was going to try to use but since I only have 1 monitor it would require Alt+Tab to access the external utilities .

I guess I won't be trying those for now.

Quote:
i forget if you stated that you are using a 4 GB memory utility. it is highly recommended that you use one. i believe FOTRSU has Large Address Aware in its download package. check out the Extras folder for not only the exe but also some documentation on usage.
Thank you - I had read up on FOTRSU prior to trying it and I came across the stuff about Large Address Aware. I did use LAA on SH4.exe prior to starting play so that should be taken care of.

Thanks very much all of you for helping.
erahmig is offline   Reply With Quote