View Single Post
Old 07-27-10, 04:22 PM   #42
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Here's a movie I haven't seen listed on this thread: "Torpedo Bay". It stars James Mason as an RN destroyer captain who pursues and damages an Italian sub. The sub captain manages to make it to the neutral port of Tangiers with the destroyer close behind. The authorities in Tangiers will only allow the sub to remain in port for a limited time after which the sub must leave and then become a target of the destroyer. The two captains form a truce and the rest of the film is comprised of the sub captain trying to make surreptitious repair and the destroyer captain trying to block his efforts on orders of British Intelligence. Of course there is a female character to throw in a bit of a love triangle subplot, but mainly it is about the two captains. The ending is a bit of a surprise and is reminiscent of "Enemy Below". I found a copy of this movie in VHS several years ago at a video store that was chucking all its tapes in favor of DVD. I don't believe it is available on DVD, so if anyone has information on a DVD release, it would be appreciated.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote