View Single Post
Old 02-12-07, 10:16 PM   #1
U812
Sparky

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Models, book covers and movie visual effects

Just like to say hi folks. I'm the owner and creator of another sub forum you may have heard about, www.subpirates.com

I'm also a good friend of Don Clayton Meadows who authored, "Of Ice and Steel". I also did the book cover.

I have worked in visual effects for the movie biz since the early 70's. I have done everything from prosthetics, creatures, puppets and miniatures to now CGI in those years. My first picture was "Star Trek the Motion Picture" where I did Spock's ears and more.

Since my dad worked at Mare on the Washington, Skipjack and more these boats have been in my blood. Where I sit right now the cieling and shelves are covered in model subs and hanging large scale war RC war birds. the perfect enviroment for a nut case like me.

For years I have flown RC jets and planes but never did get around to RC subs. Now I make kits and have made the Walter type 17 to the 212 that I'm kiting now.

I also play SH3 and soon 4 of course. BF2. 2142 and a lo more when I have the time. Nick name in those games, U812.

On my forum you will see every type of boat you can imagine from 22 inches to over 10 ft. Long and they all function, dive and some can shoot fish.

A number of my boats including my Washington are on Youtube. Just do a search for U812c and you'll find them.

It's about time I checked in here but owning a forum and doing kits and CGI takes up a lot of my time.

Just thought I'd introduce myself and give a brief history and I do mean brief.

Steve Neill

My scratch built USS Blueback

The nut behind the plane is me.

My scratch built Washington

Last for now my scratch built type 17

U812 is offline   Reply With Quote