View Single Post
Old 11-22-21, 05:28 PM   #3950
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Eh... most of those will not be the same guns, turrets or radars, but as an example, looking in the NBB_Colorado.eqp file, there is
[Equipment 1]
NodeName=M01
LinkName=16in_Double_base_US
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231
So you need to find "16in_Double_base_US". Therefore, using something like Notepad++ or the 010 Editor, you want to "Find in Files" (or similar). I used the filter "*.*", and searched in D:\Game \SH4 \Data \Library, which took roughly 10 seconds to run and found me
D:\Games\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Library\ShipParts\guns_radars_03.dat (1 hit)
Line 60:
So you might be missing the "runs_radars_03.dat" file, plus its kindred. FotRSU used to have several files with that particular gun in it until s7rikeback to a scalpel to the structure and excised all the excess... ahem... It was a waste of hard drive space ~AND~ the game would be confused about which 16in_Double_base_US to use...

Anyway, that's how to find what you're missing. Just be aware that importing that particular dat and other files into TMO may or may not function as intended. Each gun and parts of each gun is supposed to have unique IDs, so it might just be that you have the appropriate file already, but the game can't decide which of the 16in_Double_base_US assets you are referring to. For most of FotRSU, the guns' textures match the ship - not always, but we tried to...

Ah that is aggravating, I did the search and nothing came up. Then I manually went through some files and thought would ask to save myself some time and aggravation.

I still have not found 14inchTriple_USNB as listed in .eqp files or others ending USNB. Main issue is the older BB's guns not showing up. Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Nevada. Aside from the gun textures, those old battle wagons look great in pre pearl harbor mod.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote