View Single Post
Old 04-17-23, 10:39 AM   #4682
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Well, I tell you, one of the easiest traps to fall into, is using a MapZone for multiple tasks... Do NOT use a MapZone for an Objective zone, and then turn around and think "I need me a message as the player enters the zone to remind them that tankers are the priority. Let's see, what will I use? Ahh, I'm lazy, I'll just use the Obj01 MapZone. That'll work!" In a way, it will work - for the message - but not for the Objective now, and that might give you that same Objective Null, but seems to me, that is usually the "Objective not found" error...

If you do want to use a MapZone for multiple tasks, use it as a Trip for Reach Zone, and use that Trip instead, multiple times. Howeveer, you still cannot use that for an Objective MapZone. Those are like an F6F, and fly solo...
yes, that is correct.

i've also learned that one can use a Trigger only once for an Event. If you said that above, then i missed it.

for example, if you enter a Trigger to Reach a Zone, you can use that for an Event Message but you cannot use that same Trigger to upgrade a Hidden Primary Objective, such as is used for "Sink" missions. the second use gets skipped and there is an anomaly in the Objective screen, if an Objective is involved.

I've been re-writing TMO 2.5 missions as i play through it, repairing the Mission(s) of triggers/events that are not working as the designer originally intended. I am also weighing the option of creating a mod of the updated missions for others who may want missions to work as they were intended to work. if any kaleun is interested in this, please post or send me a PM.

more to come....

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote