View Single Post
Old 04-16-23, 08:22 PM   #4681
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
yeah, i did all of that with no joy. i asked just in case i couldn't remember one of those small, semi-important details that is a requirement to make this house-of-cards stand up.

i stripped the mission down to the objectives, and deleted the TSR, and started from scratch.
it.works.now.

this game never ceases to amaze me on its lack of cohesion. i mean look at all of the different ways that dates are handled. drives me nuts. n-v-t-s, nuts.
Well, I tell you, one of the easiest traps to fall into, is using a MapZone for multiple tasks... Do NOT use a MapZone for an Objective zone, and then turn around and think "I need me a message as the player enters the zone to remind them that tankers are the priority. Let's see, what will I use? Ahh, I'm lazy, I'll just use the Obj01 MapZone. That'll work!" In a way, it will work - for the message - but not for the Objective now, and that might give you that same Objective Null, but seems to me, that is usually the "Objective not found" error...

If you do want to use a MapZone for multiple tasks, use it as a Trip for Reach Zone, and use that Trip instead, multiple times. Howeveer, you still cannot use that for an Objective MapZone. Those are like an F6F, and fly solo...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote