View Single Post
Old 12-23-21, 08:23 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Niner View Post
What does "Logic Steps Between Air Sessions" do, and how does it work? Do I change this number (increase? decrease?) if I want to reduce the frequency of air patrols I encounter?
this is what i have in my notes:

Logic Steps Between Air Sessions=30 ;[>0] steps between air fighting sessions, 10*Logic Interval(90sec)

i've never attempted to change it because i do not understand the elements of the equation, such as what is an air fighting session and 10*(logic interval(which is 30 in this example)) cannot possibly equate to 90 seconds.

or i am just incredibly dim-witted.

my SWAG is that the lower one makes the value, more air fighting sessions will occur more often, but that is a only a SWAG.

let us know what you experience if you decide to make some changes.

on the other hand, if i HAVE experimented with the other parms in that file. if you wish to reduce air traffic you can (in no particular order):

• lower the Maximum Aircraft Range
  • lower the Modifiers that follow the Maximum Aircraft Range to some smaller decimal (.001 should do nicely)
  • lower the Default Air Strike Probability. since it IS a probability, lowering it will help.
  • the Probabilities that follow Default Air Strike Probability are used in reaction to you calling additional attention to yourself, such as using your radio or being detected by a picket ship, something of that ilk. lowering any/all of those will further reduce air traffic since they are Probabilities.

typically, in the past, i have used the first two bullets above and have been satisfied.
good luck with whatever you choose to do.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 12-23-21 at 08:32 PM.
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote