View Single Post
Old 06-28-21, 08:19 PM   #3559
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorMan View Post
So I've narrowed my issue to belonging only to Nippon Maru as uninstalling that fixed the issue. I'll give it a little more effort, but since NM is basically just a renaming mod as far as I can tell, I'm just leaning toward not using it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorMan View Post
That sounds exactly like what I'm seeing, most ships are fine, but this specific one is not. Were you ever able to find a fix for this?
We'll try one more time... What date is it when you do not see a skin on the Heiyo Maru? There are 10 texture files listed for the ship. I did at least a dozen runs through several missions yesterday and a similar number the day before. All I saw were examples like this:

and

The first pik is December 1941, and there are two other Heiyo Marus out of the picture to the left, with "blue" hulls. I have several different shots there. I have video. I have pictures from June and December 1942. I have pictures from June and December 1943. I have pictures from June and December 1944 (the Razzle Dazzle above) and I have pictures from June 1945, all with various Razzle Dazzle schemes in various colors. I never did see the ship without a skin. I looked at them from a distance, as in the first shot and close, as in the 2nd. I shot torpedoes at them. I shot the deck gun at them. No hint of issue. This is NOT to say there might not be something wrong with the ship, but to say "there is something wrong with this ship" and then not tell us any more about it does not help. We need to know where you were and what date it was at a minimum. If you have a picture, even better. Next, my mod list for the above:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\NewFotRSUv14\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.46_EN
Nippon_Maru_v1.2.1
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
399c_NoScrollNavMap - Same Sized Dials
801_UMark Smaller
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
CAG_Test
"CAG Test" is a set of test missions for an upcoming FotRSU release, and is just submarine related, nothing in the Sea nor Roster folders. You have four "sound" files at least, plus the radio mod. Make certain that is all that they do. You also have 3 mods at least that were not written for the FotRSU v1.x mods. Probably none of those are an issue, but... do you know that? Have you run just FotRSU and Nippon Maru? The Heiyo Maru points at the NPL_Hap, so if there is a trouble with the Heiyo Maru, there might also be issues seen on the Troopship Modern Class of other navies - depending upon which skin they use and the date. So if you can at least get us a date and location to trouble-shoot in more detail...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote