View Single Post
Old 06-15-23, 03:53 AM   #1
Crazy Ian
Torpedoman

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
wolf_howl15 UBoat Crew Management Help

Finally came back to this after a year or two break. Don't get me wrong, it's no Silent Hunter or Wolfpack, but this is a good little low-stress game to play when I am away from internet connection. If you're seeing this, good work devs and I look forward to seeing what else you have for us going forward!

However, I have a current conundrum I'm trying to solve, so putting it out to the Subsim hive mind.

Current Setup

I currently have my crew split into two watches (Port and Stbd) with 9 sailors in each, running a 6hrs on, 6hrs off routine

My Radio Operators are running 6hrs on, 6hrs off routine (operating the radio OR listening room when dived) with 0 sailors assigned to them.
My Watch Leaders are running 6 on, 6 off purely watchkeeping on the bridge or the attack scope with 2 sailors assigned to them.
My Engineers are running 6 on, 6 off purely Engine watchkeeping with 2 sailors assigned to them.
The Old Man is running a 6 on 6 off routine, focused purely on Navigation with 2 sailors assigned to him.

My question is this; How can I maximise this better so that I will have someone in the listening room when the boat is on the roof to monitor the radar warning system I recently installed.

Additionally, is there any way to automate the lighting system? It can get a bit macro-y having to change it manually myself every time it gets dark to improve visibility?

Cheers in advance!