Bosun

Downloads: 327
Uploads: 0

For important option in Options FileEditor :

UI:
UI used in game : SH5 Enhanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco74 View Post
The only reason why I use and will ever use SH5 dial UI is because the compass is way too inaccurate. You can't select an accurate heading by clicking on the compass, even if you enlarge his size.
Otherwise yes I would prefer the SH3 dials but this only problem make me stick to SH5 one
I'm like you, the SH5 UI is... is... really not immersive... but for precision you can't do without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke66 View Post
So far I selected the SH3 dials, way better then SH5 version. Wonder why that is not the standard.
At the beginning I had the same thought as you but you will quickly see by dint of playing that it is complicated for certain things, but mods exist to improve SH5 Ui, I personally use "Alpheratz addon" here is what it looks like concerning the gyro-compass.

You have GSE v1.2.5a by GrenSo, use a gyrocompass too. Really good mod!

HUD:
Integrate the fuel, battery, compressed air, and CO˛ interface into the HUD : False

I removed this because all this information is accessible in the U-boat, I also removed this information on the menu of the submarine. On the picture above you can see what it looks like.

Radio:
Show contact actual's speed and course.

I prefer that they tell me the convoys via radio without too much precision, therefore with the cardinal points and relative course. Less precise but more immersive.

SCOPE:

the periscope indicators are really not really immersive, so I removed them. Disabling the lock as well.

RealNav:

Ah ! my navigator !
where is my luger ?

He's dead, and I got his sextant, Almanacs and Nautisches Jahrbuch.

XO TDC :

my luger !

He is dead too

Dönitz78 is offline   Reply With Quote