View Single Post
Old 08-29-09, 09:46 AM   #1549
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
I was just looking for an answer to this as well. I should know, I have been playing with OM for quite some time. I think it almost every time I look at my crew screen and never remember to ask on the forum. A definite answer would be great.

Check out uboat.net and you can look up specs on whatever type of U-Boat you are most interested in, including usual crew compliment. (Generally speaking it is 22 - 24 for the Type IIs, and mid 40s - low 50s for the rest.)

OM uses the crew management options that originated in RFB. The following is a modified version of the crew injure section from the RFB manual

Crew Management

You will note the crew berthing and slots in the conning tower. These slots have been introduced as part of the new submarine damage model system introduced to OM and as a workaround to the way SH4 models crew damage. In essence, when a bridge watch crewman is off-duty, he does not “leave” the bridge; rather, the game just treats him as an inactive crewman still physically located on the bridge. This applies to both surfaced and submerged travel. Thus, to avoid expos*ing the bridge watch to injuries caused by depth charge explosions, you need to move your enlisted bridge crewmen to crew berthing and the officers to the conning tower.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote