View Single Post
Old 08-12-21, 07:44 PM   #2387
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpex77 View Post
This is awesome work guys! Cannot wait! Definitely worth a "contribution$" when finished!
No need for that; but thanks! This will be entirely freeware - although I may offer it as having a donation to subsim required for download. Nothing crazy - maybe $5.00 US or its equivalent minimum. If Neal is interested.

Re: TDC: Not 100% decided yet but I may leave in a WW2 TDC or some elements of it just to make it easier & more convenient. Certain items will definitely be stripped out - of course, no FAT/legs setting, no Cuties or any other type of acoustic torpedo or acoustic torpedo interface.

On a related note, one thing I am proud of is all ships are being measured with a "ruler" so accurate length and mast height readings will be present. No more torpedo launch errors due to ship models being too long or tall.

@Roebuck: Due to time constraints there will only be American destroyers and patrol craft - current plans are for Tucker Class & Wickes Class DD's. I would like to have a single mission featuring the Tucker Class USS Jacob Jones fighting against U-53.... the incident was noteworthy for the heroism of Lt. Stanton Kalk, seen in the photo & painting below -. Kalk gave his life to save many of her crew, and was awarded a posthumous Distinguished Service Medal:

@Bubblehead1980:

I found some nice images of the Luckenbach line's ships; they saw pretty heavy use in WWI and WWII, carrying troops & cargo:

iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote