View Single Post
Old 01-09-22, 02:13 PM   #101
pauluss67
Swabbie

Downloads: 224
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post

Never... ever... go with the default locality... EVER.

UAC, is called by Me... as Win's rabid pitbull, for a reason.

UAC, does NOT like any tampering or attempted tampering with files & such, in it's Darth Vader, Vulcan, King Kong iron fisted death grip... & mods & such that alter files & such inside of SH4... (much less any other game/sim, for that matter... ) is by it's hard lined view... doing just that... tampering. In it's front yard.
\Program files (both the standard file location & it's other one, (x86) are UAC's personal fife dom.

Not only does that apply to standard games... (meaning those that do NOT rely on a games launcher, or it's follow on aka "library" (where any & all games you get from say... Steam, just to name 1 such critter... ) that you either get for free or can download & play, for free... hmph ) applies.. as does Steam & any other like them... as well.

Best way to avoid UAC... is to NEVER install in those locations... at all. In My opinion.

Is far better, if you are blessed enough to have a rig that allows for 2 internal HD's, or barring that... 1 internal & (whatever # of externals, you care to run with, inserted here...) at minimum, 1 external hard drive.

If it's solo games that require no launcher & those launchers that have a library... put them on a drive that has no connection to Windows... for the launchers, should you have access to them... as am sure most do... make sure to install the launchers well outside of UAC's territory.

Hope that info helps.

As for installing... before running the .exe for that 1st time... right click on it, on the "General" tab, which is the default menu tab that opens... ensure that the .exe is NOT "read-only" enabled. If it is, simply uncheck mark the box & click "accept. After that, go into the "Compatibility" tab, look down the page to "Settings" & check the box tagged... "Run this program, as an admin"... click accept & then Ok.

That should be all that's needed to be done, there.

After that, you should be free & clear, to then activate the add in mods, just making sure to activate them after making sure that the base part of KSD II works as it should.

Think I mentioned of using either a 4GB patch, or LAA... before... that of course, should also be done to avoid some of the root causes for CTD's... caused when the RAM faces not having enough space to run... which can happen... as let's face it... SH4, is a well-seasoned & older game/sim...

Again, hope this info helps...

M. M.
sorry if I disturb you but maybe I have not explained myself well ... when I launch the file "InstallKSDII_Ace_Edition.exe" it tells me that the installation puts it in this folder "KSDII_Ace_Edition" inside it installs all the game plus the mods ... .. I have not installed it in the hard disk where there is windows but in another hard disk
what are those acronyms you say? "UAC

sorry but i am using google translate
pauluss67 is offline   Reply With Quote