View Single Post
Old 12-12-20, 02:14 PM   #4
CassiousClay
Mate

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

I'm thinking it might be an issue with the model of the ship the torpedo is hitting. Do you know exactly what ship it is?
Have you hit the same ship (model) at any point before in your game?

This game is way too old to be causing a crash error because of too much stuff on the screen IMHO. As long as the computer being used isn't 10+ years old I agree it's not the computer unless maybe there's an issue with hardware somewhere. I doubt it, too as John does, but it is something to check and rule out.

Press WinKey+R and type eventvwr.msc
Press Enter and look in all the System and Application areas of the folder tree for errors. Error events will be easy to find and see. They'll be marked with a red ! icon on the left of the text list in the center pane.

You will see errors in there. It's Windows. That's is why tech nerds cringe and pick on Windows operating systems. It's full of errors and bugs. "But it runs! We can sell it! Send it out. Next: Another version of the office suite that sucks."

When you click on them if the description says anything about any of your hardware devices failing reply pasting that info. I'll have at least a slight idea what's causing it and what, if anything, you can do about it.

Memory errors, which you may see a lot of, are extremely difficult to trace especially not being there at the computer myself. You're mainly looking for Application or System errors that bluntly say in the description hardware or software you recognize failed. We're not looking for memory errors "at address x0000#####". Share the ones that plainly say something about hardware or application failures.

I'll help where I can. I don't and won't pretend to know things I don't.
Info can usually be found via web search. The internet is the information landfill. Formerly the information highway.
CassiousClay is offline   Reply With Quote