Old 06-13-10, 12:06 PM   #18
To be
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GrayOwl- View Post
You are mistaken.

The ships at all work in LWAMI not better.

The doctrines for the ships - in any way do not process their tactics.
The doctrines only operate the weapon - and that only partially.

You can in general remove the doctrine CIWS.txt and CIWSAttack.txt.
Despite of it - the ship will have the same behaviour and also will launch the weapon despite lacking the doctrines.

One word - it is manages from NavalSimEngine - but not from the doctrine completely.

There is one known tactics - shoot one missile against the surface ship.
After that - the ship will be sped up up to speed washout of the sensor controls.
And after that you shoot a passive torpedo. The ship will be 100 % killed.

With RA - such will not allow.

You can put the test mission on a forum RedRodgers as attachment archive.
I am not mistaken about my own experiences, and I encourage you to try setting up a mission of the type I described to see for yourself the behavior I described. Any improvement to both, or either, mod would be very welcome to me. However, you appear to be more interested in ignoring any criticism blindly, rather than taking it constructively. No mod will ever be perfect, so outright rejecting any comments about ways it could be improved isn't very productive. Additionally your comments about LWAMI being "absolutely wrong" are not very respectful to the developers of LWAMI - whereas they have shown nothing but respect for the work of the RA team. I doubt that you would appreciate the same sort of 'feedback' given to your own work.
To be is offline   Reply With Quote