View Single Post
Old 03-29-23, 03:23 AM   #8
Tabris
Gunner

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

Hi guys, truly sorry if posting in a 1-year old thread is considered necroing, but I'd like to report on what caused and solved this bug for me, in case it might help anyone else.

I saw this bug for the first time after making some changes to the campaign files, changes which I considered fairly insignificant, but I guess I was wrong.

I had added a bunch of traffic around Brest and St Naz, just for eyecandy. Probably around 15 extra merchants, 7 extra warships, and at least 10 docked or moving submarines per port. When I saw this thread, I immediately went and deleted all the changes I made to the SCR layer, but the bug persisted quite consistently. Right before giving up, I remembered I'd made changes to the LND layer as well, which consisted only of changing ownership of bases/cities. In practice, this entailed deleting some enemy/neutral bases, and extending the spawn duration as friendly bases. I also added some bases around Britain, and moved the St Naz base so the spawnpoint would be in the drydock instead of the bunker. To be clear, this was just the "naval base" object that makes a city appear on the navigation map, nothing more, I did not add or remove any other land units. Well replacing Campaign_LND with its original, unmodded version solved the bug for me. I haven't gone back and re-added the extra ship and sub traffic, but I may do so since it seems pretty clear that it was the LND file specifically that was causing instability.

If you're also an amateur campaign editor, be on the lookout for this bug and always do a test patrol before making multiple changes.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote