Old 10-26-17, 12:56 PM   #9013
Skvid
Seaman

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg322 View Post
HI SKvid

Most of these sound issues are inherent in the vanilla game and not related to the Wolves of Steel Mod

If there were better examples of sound effects I'm sure they would be considered

I'm not sure why you would want to listen to depth charges thru the Hydrophone you can hear them in the Sub

"Short loops/variance in rain and wave splash sound effects" are due to game limitations, there may be some limited for improvements but in all honesty I've not found them that noticeable or bothersome

The Torpedo boats are not fully functional but have a degree of firepower . working torpedoes would not be easy to address

In high seas your Sub would be more noticeable at periscope depth the whole upper deck would be visible at times as the depth undulates noticeably Go deeper .

If you are still being pursued go even deeper fast deploy decoys go to silent running any noise will be detected, this should shake them off

If you see a Destroyer firing at what seems randomly there is probably another Allied ship or Boat in the area or even more likely they are being attacked from the Air, Have you considered that ?

The Volume Knob on the Hydrophone station has never worked another Stock game omission blame Ubisoft

Simon
Hey Simon, thanks for addressing all of my points in your response!

It's a shame about the limitations of the game, as for your other points:

Quote:
In high seas your Sub would be more noticeable at periscope depth the whole upper deck would be visible at times as the depth undulates noticeably Go deeper .

If you are still being pursued go even deeper fast deploy decoys go to silent running any noise will be detected, this should shake them off
Are we still talking about torp boats here? The way i figured it their low vantage point would make it very unlikely to spot me in high seas, i mean i could barely spot them through my periscope in between the waves. But its good to know that the game actually simulates the whole "uncovering in between the swells" aspect, and its not just cosmetical. I thought that i was hidden as long as the submerged icon was on. Wonder how game simulates it, bit early for ray casting tech.

Are the torp boats equipped with passive sonar?

Quote:
If you see a Destroyer firing at what seems randomly there is probably another Allied ship or Boat in the area or even more likely they are being attacked from the Air, Have you considered that ?
I haven't encountered that. Hopefully i will. Does the BdU actually form wolfpacks in this game? I.e i send a convoy contact report and they tell me to shadow it and wait for reinforcements.

Anyway, heres a video ive found of what appears to be a vanilla sh5, listen to those depth charges @ 3:09 mark. Unrealistic? Yeah sounds like ground artillery, but still way way WAY better than the ones we have in the mod.

p.s Any idea how long will the mod downloads be disabled for free users? Atm they only allow to download if you have donated, it wasn't like that 2 days ago. ;/
Skvid is offline   Reply With Quote