View Single Post
Old 10-26-17, 09:22 AM   #9010
Skvid
Seaman

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0
Default On sounds

So after playing a bit more i have a couple of observations:

Some of the sound effects, which i assume are modded (if not, i would really appreciate if someone could provide me with a decent sfx mod, if one exists) are really bad, to name a few:

*Depth charge explosions: theres only one type of sound bite, and its cheapo bang with what i can only assume glass shattering followed by it. Which is ridicilous. Doesnt even matter if it misses you. And hearing the identical sound over and over again gets old fast. I wouldn't be surprised if the sfx sample is just a ripped audio file from das boot, im sorry but it doesn't work in this game.

Short loops/variance in rain and wave splash sound effects, its very noticable and annoying. If there is a way to disable these, like delete the sound files or smth i would like to do so.

Also, i don't know if i should hear it, but i can't hear the splashes of depth charges being dropped, only the crew saying "wasserbomben!" The explosions arent audible through hydrophone either, maybe its a good thing because it would be deafening i imagine, but lack of any sound que breaks immersion... Less than a glass shattering sfx i mentioned earlier though.

Oh and again, dont know if its supposed to sound like that, but torpedo boat sounds weird as hell through sonar, almost like... well... a torpedo. Apart from sound, it appears to be able to track me when im submerged just as well as a destroyer, which i find weird, they also spot a periscope in high, 15m/s wind, seas. And the best part... one boat i encountered was just casually blazing in full open fire while chasing me around, it was like that when i saw it. (im not using any other mods). Btw while we are on topic of torp boats, do they actually fire their torpedoes?

The knob on the hydrophone doesn't do anything when i turn it

Last edited by Skvid; 10-26-17 at 09:33 AM.
Skvid is offline   Reply With Quote