View Single Post
Old 01-03-22, 10:30 AM   #4176
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
cables fixed, latest cachalot including lightmaps are in the 4k sub skins mod.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=6049
We thank you very much Sir vickers of 03!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ken View Post
I love the FOTRS game that you folks have created, and I literally never play the stock game or other mods.

I am so looking forward to playing this new version, but I'm having trouble getting it running.

I' pretty sure I have installed things properly, deleted my saved data, but I don't seem able to resolve the compatibility thing.

When I start the program, it loads, goes through the mission screens, then when I click 'start outside harbour', it goes to a black screen with an arrow at the bottom, and stalls there.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!
Also, in additioin to KaleunMarco's point, when you go to enable LAA or the 4Gig Patch, the SH4.exe file has to be write-enabled for the large address aware applet to flip the bits. LAA especially is not good at giving an error dialog, whereas the 4Gig Patch will at least change the message displayed. Right-click on the SH4.exe file in the game folder, choose "Properties", and at the bottom of that first "General" tab is the "Attributes" section. Be sure the "Read-only" tick box is cleared, and "OK" out of that, then go back and try to set LAA on the SH4.exe again. Also, be certain you are in the correct folder with LAA... I don't know how many times I have set LAA on an SH4.exe file in the wrong folder...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote