View Single Post
Old 02-10-19, 08:49 AM   #113
task42
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Map problem in UHD (21:9) on starting screen (boat hangar)

1. Operating System, System spec ?
> Win 7 64 Bit, I5-3570K, 16GB, R9-290X, UWQHD (3440x1440, 21:9 @ 75Hz)

2. What is your version of the game ? (DVD, Uplay download, Steam, other ?)
> Steam/Uplay

3. Confirm that your game is updated to official v1.2.0 version and that the vanilla game works without problems.
> Confirmed

4. Provide a screenshot which will show all content and installation path of your main Silent Hunter 5 install folder.

5. Describe briefly your mod installation process and specify any error messages you've got during the installation.
> No errors

6. Confirm that you have checked for solution in provided install instructions and other documentation?
> Confirmed. I did find another thread that was about the same issue, but in-game. The problem can be solved in a way that is not possible on the starting screen.

7. Specify mods you're using and state your mod order (do not type the list manually, use "Export activated mods list to" JSGME function).
> Only the 21:9 fix, nothing else:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 5\TWoS_Parts]

TWoS Aspect Ratio Fix 21x9

8. If you use any unsupported mods, remove them, reinstall your game/TWoS completely according to install instruction, start new campaign and make sure that the issue still persist.
> No additional mods

9. Make sure to provide as much details as possible when describing situation where problem/bug/CTD can be observed. What should we do in order to reproduce this issue?
Reproduce: Start the game in 3440x1440 resolution.

Description: Map on starting screen (in the boat hangar) is on the top left of the screen. As it's only possible to resize the map to the top and right, there is no way to get the map opened in a reasonable size. I can't move the map as well.

In another thread the same problem is described, but in-game. In-game you have a button to toggle the map (TAI visibility). This toggles the map to the bottom left which means you may resize it as needed. Works as described. But this button is not not be found on the starting screen.

Also this makes navigating the main map (where to pick the missions) pretty hard. As the small map is controlling the main map, navigating in the main map via mouse is not possible. I can use the arrow keys and I finally succeeded in accepting the first mission. But it was not funny...

(I messed with all resolution related settings that I could think of: fullscreen/windowed, VSync on/off, 60/75Hz etc. Issue always the same.)

This behaviour does not occur in game where the main map works as exptected and the mini-map may be toggled with the button, so no issues in-game.

10. Upload several screenshots and gamesaves where problem can be observed.

Save Game(s): http://bernhard-schlick.at/images/SH5/sh5.zip

I started yesterday (Feb 9) with the vanilla game completing the first (tutorial mission) and stopped in the first official mission. Today (Feb 10) I installed WoS mod and started new campaign. I saved this new campaign right at the very start using "WoS1" as file name.