View Single Post
Old 10-18-16, 05:14 PM   #1
Mr Elusive
Swabbie

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0
radar [Query] ACM Reloaded - Targeting while zoomed-out?

Ahoy SH3 Veterans!

I hope there is a kind soul out there who can help me with this.

I'm using ACM Reloaded. I've used OLC GUI in the past, so I'm familiar with the "wheel" targeting methods and concepts. In old OLC GUI mod, you could calculate a firing solution while zoomed out on the attack periscope - but it involved an extra step where you rotated the wheel to a scratch mark.

MY problem is that ACM Reloaded does not have this scratch mark. Despite using Google, searching this forum and reading many posts and PDFs...I just cannot find a straight answer to this problem. All the instructions I found do a great job of telling you how to do it zoomed in, but nothing about being zoomed out.

To illustrate what I'm talking about I've attached two screenshots. In the screenshot scenario, finding the AOB while zoomed in is not possible from this range because the ship is wider than the marks on the scope. However, if I zoom out it's about 22 marks...but how do I convert this into a solution? Is there an extra step I'm missing or what?

If you can do zoomed-out attacks in the old OLC GUI mods, I fail to see why you shouldn't be able to do it in this mod. I think there is an extra step that hasn't been very well documented (at least anywhere I've looked lol).

TL;DR
In ACM Reloaded, how do you calculate a firing solution on the attack scope while zoomed out?

I'd ultimately like to use this information to make a step-by-step video tutorial, then put it on YouTube for other newcomers to SH3.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zoomed In.jpg (90.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Zoomed Out.jpg (91.6 KB, 27 views)