View Single Post
Old 03-12-22, 03:50 PM   #1
Madcowz
Sailor man

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default I always under estimate the speed using the RAOBF

I'm close to being sent back to Kiel to face the wrath of the big D himself as I just can't get the target speed correct when using the RAOBF and am looking for guidance please.

My process using TWOS mod:
  • I correctly identify the ship - even use the external camera to view it close up #cheating.com
  • Find the length in metres
  • Time how long it takes to go past my vert periscope line from bow to stern (at the water line, not the top of the bow/stern)
  • Rotate the middle disk of the RAOBF so that the time in seconds (outer numbers) is under the length in metres
  • Arrggh, it's all gone wrong and if I wasn't a mild-mannered, sensible, middle aged man, I'd be having a rage fit.

Example from tonight. T2 Tanker. Length 150m, took two minutes 31 seconds to move past the vertical line. This gave me a speed of 2 knots which seems very slow.

I then measure the speed using distance over time and it comes in at 6 knots which gave me a two torpedo hit and one dud so must have been pretty close to correct with my 90 AOB attack.

I've watched this video: so many times now to ensure I'm not being an idiot. Maybe I am. Please send help.

Madcowz is offline   Reply With Quote