View Single Post
Old 07-14-15, 09:18 AM   #2300
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Vecko, please re-read my previous post and have a look into OHII's DefSide.cfg. I know what I am talking about as I myself created the core of that file, and discussed the feature with Zedi and Trevally. Neutral ships within Aliied convoys should be fake neutrals. If they aren't, they are there by mistake and should be replaced with the enemy counterparts of the same nations.

Eventually, we can equip actual neutral ships with lights. At least some of them. I am pretty confident that we can illuminate ships by nation and by date, while still keeping the same 3D model, the way we assign them different armaments and sensors. We just need to add some new bones on the ships, create dummy copies of them, and link some emissive material to them.

On a side note, you said that sinking neutrals ships will penalize the player with negative reward, which I am glad of. Does it mean that not always neutral ship sinking ends with an instant CTD?
My attack test was a lonely neutral ship sunk (near coast), and game freezing. The game lets me sink the ship, I see the ship sinking with huge flames. When I click the Captainīs logbook button in the upper right vertical bar - that with hat - the game freezes. It seems the game didnīt like to put the entry for the sunk ship in the book, and CTD.

The game didnīt CTD when attacking and sinking with deck gun the neutral ship, only after press the logbook button it crashes. And I press this button 15 minutes aprox. from the sinking; this was complete and without problems.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote