View Single Post
Old 07-14-15, 06:41 AM   #2297
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
All Polish vessels are to be considered hostile and valid targets which may be attacked at the commander's discretion.|Vessels of other nations are considered neutral and are not to be attacked.|OKM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Well... As a noobie SH5 player I never think attacking a friendly ship will freeze the game...It seems designed to bypass the martial court.

As I'm testing the game I would to try it sinking some ships...

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
I think it is a side effect of New UIs. Hope TDW will fix it one day.

Discriminating among valid and not-valid targets is not always that easy. During the making of OHII, many nationalities where split in two nations sharing the same flag, one neutral, and the other on the Allies side. It was done to reflect those merchant fleets whose ships were considered valid targets in every-day practice, when they were thought to smuggle goods to England, even though their flag states were officially neutral. Both copies of the same nation can have merchant ships assigned, but the difference is that non-enemy counterparts only got coastal traffic. The nations I am talking about are: Finland, Sweeden, Denmark, The Netherlands, Greece, Yugoslavia, Estonia, Latvia, USA, Panama and Brazil. As a rule of thumbs, while those nations are officially neutral, attack their ships only when they are found within convoys, or when they are obviously heading to/from a British port. On the other hand attack ships sailing near the coasts of their home Nations at your own risk.

In any case, I think we should add some notes on this subject among the historical messages, in order to make things easier for players.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote