View Single Post
Old 04-06-22, 10:19 AM   #21
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

We cannot claim full responsibility for that Torpex77, though I'm certain s7rikeback's cleaning of the ID conflicts has helped in the "logic" of the game being more capable of "thinking" (crunching numbers more efficiently). But the stock game is also capable of the "trick". It seems to be a situationally dependent phenomenon. I don't know if it depends upon if you sink the "Lead" ship of a group, and the group then becomes "unstable", or what. But it does seem to be a part of the game's AI, and seems to be like a roll of the dice, only happening maybe 10-15% of the time, or maybe only under the 2nd blue moon... ??

Like a few WWII skippers, I too have popped my scope up before, seen nothing, nothing on sonar, blown ballast and almost immediately got a "We're under attack sir!!!" message, and there it is, that "smart" AI DD that hung around, and somehow or other ( ) knew to hang-out ~behind~ the way my boat was facing... If I have SJ and it is a dark night, I add a slight pause at Radar Depth and do a couple of quick scans prior to coming up anymore - ~IF~ I think about it...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote