Old 12-14-21, 07:30 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie_Chan1102 View Post
Hi all, this is my first post here. I bought SH3 on steam about a month back, and was thoroughly enjoying it. I played about 3-5 or so hours of it, and I'd heard a fair bit about the GWX mod for it, so I installed it, and it didn't work with career mode, so I decided to just go with base game. I uninstalled the mod and everything, opened up the game, and I saw the GWX stuff you get with the mod on startup, career mode worked I believe, but it really bugged me that I'd deleted all the GWX stuff and I was still getting it. So I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game, only to find that career mode still doesn't load, it gets to about 90% and crashed. Any help would be greatly appreciated
1st, on deleting & reinstalling... did you also, include the game saves folder along with deleting SH3.?

2ndly.... just "where" exactly.... did you install A: Steam launcher (itself) & B: if that launcher, was default installed into either of Window's C:\program files locations (the normal "Program files" or "Program files (x86)... ) well... therein lies, in all likelihood... the reason that GWX, did NOT properly install when you did it...

Perchance, I might kindly recommend, considering of looking up on subsim here... for info on OneAlex's GWX3 mod set up... or barring that one... per chance... Anvart1061's GWX rework, aptly named GWR. Both of which are excellent reimagining's of GWX.

1Alex's info on His work, can be found here:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=248010

Anvart1061's, here:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=246954

Anvart1061's does call for having a clean, un-modded copy of SH3, jsgme & may I strongly recommend... also grabbing "MultiSH3"... this tool, makes it where one, can set up a complete separate game save folder... outside of the original SH3 save folder, that is created... when you 1st run SH3, for it to finalize all it needs to, on running it that very... 1st... time.

1Alex's work, includes everything, but just needs unzipping & putting it anywhere, but NOT in either of Window's "Program files, locations...

Hope this info helps...

M. M.