Old 11-30-21, 08:11 PM   #7
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiffmorder View Post
No. Vanilla SH4 right off Steam, (V 1.3?) for the moment.
If, you have it from off of "Steam"... then is only 2 versions of it from there...

Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific (see, v1.4, for that one. )

Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions (see, v1.5, for that one. )

Now, am not sure if you have to have both copies bought & paid for... as both ARE listed as separate buys there on Steam's page (either through browser or there on their installed & signed into, game launcher through the store on it...)

I believe, that v1.5 can be bought, as a separate d/l - install... but, any modding would have to be done on the copy & inside their library folder location... i.e, E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SH4

Not exactly perfect here... but, close enough for demonstration purposes... I have their library on a external drive... thereby, to keep it out of Windows iron fisted dictator UAC grip... by having it set up that way.

Now, inside of Steam's \common folder, you "can" set up a whole different folder... leaving SH4 initially installed where steam would install SH4 (keeping that copy as your GOLD standard, un-modded copy... so you can then copy the game's guts & paste them in the new folder outlines as follows) & then copy paste them inside that folder, in a new folder, set up to then be able to mod SH4 to your hearts content.

E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SH-megamods\SH4-megamods\FotRS-U-EN v1.6 preview

As you can see from that example, I have created a copy of the pristine copy & now have it modded as I desire...

Hope this info helps...

M. M.