View Single Post
Old 01-24-17, 10:57 PM   #6972
viper1
Swabbie

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0
Default No launching properly?

I have a slight issue, maybe something I have missed during the setup. When I launch the game for the first time after setting up the game, it dumps me in my rack being awoken up and told to see the captain. I do not have any UI and absolutely no bunker to save and reload in. This is not what I witnessed in the youtube videos on how to install this mod.

I completely uninstalled and manually deleted everything, and tried it all again with the same results. I thought I followed the steps to the letter, but so far, this is unplayable as I do not see anything useful, no idea what to do, and cannot save/reload as per the instructions. I am running windows 10 64bit. Any help on what I can do or what I need to read in order to fix this issue?? Thank you in advance!

Edit: I forgot to add a few things that may help troubleshoot my slight issue.
I had to download the uplay launcher, seems to be the only way to get the game to launch.
I am patched to 1.2 using the gu file located here: C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater
I am very familiar with computers and how they operate, though not so much with modding except for using them
I have been playing SH off and on since SH2
I am not using steam version, I purchased the disc version
I did read though the entire instructions and FAQ a few times to solve this on my own, even used the search feature on the forums, but it resulted in too many or not the correct issue I was looking for (hence this post, I do apologize if this issue has been fixed and I did not find it)
The ONLY mods I am using are the WoS mods (all except for the resolution ones of course)
To better clarify what I do, I have a shortcut icon on my desktop from uplay. I cannot run it in admin mode due to uplay. I get the modded loading screen and the menu screen clearly shows 1.2 in the upper right corner. I select new campaign and after a few minutes I hear the German voices and I 'wake' in my bed. I do not have any UI controls. I have tried (in previous install) to save and reload there, after I speak to the captain, etc to no avail. This install, I have yet to save. I have tried launching the game many times trying to figure it out. If you need any more info, I am pleased the provide it. Any help is greatly appreciated. I would love to play SH5 as I have yet to do so (been playing SH3,4 for many years now) but would love to play with is mod instead of vanilla. Thank you!

Last edited by viper1; 01-24-17 at 11:41 PM.
viper1 is offline   Reply With Quote