View Single Post
Old 03-03-10, 12:49 AM   #9
Randomizer
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Yeah, but it was hardly a shootout fitting the end of your usual war movie....sailor not paying attention is suddenly galvanised by the misinterpratation/context a a single word then the wake of torpedoes seen approaching....close the curtain
Real world experiance, during a live fire exercise the battery was laid, loaded and ready to fire the next serial in the fireplan. The young Gun Position Officer while relaying a situation report from the observers said "Guns, fire very effective on the last serial." However, as soon as he said the "F" word three of the four guns commenced firing and got off several rounds until he could get Check Firing acknowledged. Mine was one of them so I can see how the thing could happen when you're perhaps a bit too focused.

@SS
Yes, Fail-Safe is a superb movie and the USAF refused to cooperate with the producers so the B-58 Hustler was transformed into the fictional "Vindicator" for the aircraft action sequences. I first saw it as a kid in 1966 or so and it scared the crap out of me.

Last edited by Randomizer; 03-03-10 at 01:00 AM.