View Single Post
Old 12-24-21, 01:56 AM   #313
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
The re-birth of destroyed ships from a convoy has been an issue in the past but I, personally, have not experienced it in a long time. perhaps it is a TMO thing.
i am playing the rebuilt TMO.
it is happening to me on my current mission, twice actually, simultaneously.

it occurs after:
  • boat sinks ships.
  • time passes.
  • game is saved and SH4 exited.
  • SH4 is launched and the saved game is loaded.
  • previously sunk ships return to existence and continue their journey as if they had not been attacked.
  • if you sink them again, you will expend ammo but you will not be awarded any additional credit.
  • however, the enemy ships are just as lethal as if they had never been sunk so they can still destroy you.

did we ever establish the root cause of this phenomenon?
No one has explained why this happens. I have noticed, it occasionally happens in ALL versions of SH 4, all mods.

Definitely does tend to happen after sinking, saving too close to the sunken vessel and reloading the save.

Another possibility is the spawn interval on the random group was not set properly...Example...convoy is a random group and should be set to say 80 percent chance to spawn every 240 hours or ten days ...but by default when random group is created set to 24 hours 100 percent chance to spawn. So you find convoy and are somewhat close to its spawn point, wipe convoy out, but when 24 hours comes around, respawns the group. This is rare but has happened.

Primarily it is driven by sinking them and reloading saved game, especially when saved within 30 or so miles of a sunken vessel.I always say no closer than 50 miles to a sunken vessel and never when a vessel is within range on any of the sensors.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote