Old 06-03-22, 11:54 PM   #4701
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter301 View Post
I would like to keep my Steam account and SH4 as it is so I always have it to go back to.
As propbeanie points out... I am a Steam... I hesitate to & am loath to say it, but... aficionado.

On that note... even though Steam... has 2 different versions of SH4:

Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific v1.4 (or 1.3, juries still out on that.. but... as I recall, when I had this 1 installed, the load screen showed v1.4

then, there is...

Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions v1.5 or known of in short as SH4 UBM

Now, here's the wild kicker of it...

To run UBM, you don't need both copies of SH4 from Steam, to do so.

Main thing is... to make sure that you have v1.5 installed (this is, the complete SH4 files & such, for it to run. Steam... in its... ultimate stupidity, bumbling greed (praying that users of their services are either too stupid or too blind, to realize this fact on the 2 different copy versions & the ramifications of such... ) or the ad hoc mix, of both... hope that it is NOT realized.

Even though I have access to both, picked up when I bought their 3-in-1 pack a bit back, so that I ended up with not only SH3, both copy versions of SH4 aforementioned, as well as... the dumpster fire 5... but that is all I shall say on the rest outside of 4... SH4, which is the main point here for this thread.

Now...

that said, the main 1 you'll want to look at if you want to mod out FotRS-U here, is of making sure to have v1.5 set up... in order to do so.

With Steam, it is possible... to do multi copying of SH4... though, the process to do so is, a bit fun doing.. BUT... immensely rewarding, once learned.

I learned, through hard earned trial & error, on how to do so... I now have... 11 copies, modded out with a wide variety of mod sets... FotRS-U, being 2 of those 11... & ALL 11, are v1.5

Hit Me up & I'll be more than happy, to walk you through the process.

M. M.