View Single Post
Old 06-03-22, 08:38 PM   #4700
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr. Lennox View Post
Yeah, I know, and did, all of the above. And if I downloaded BOTH games via steam, it should be V1.5 or not?
There is a "Wolves of the Pacific" start item, and a U-Boat Missions start item in the Steam app on your computer. I do not recall for certain the "shortcut" name, but anyone like Mad Mardigan or any other Steam user can tell you. If you install the v1.3 and then install the U-Boat Missions Add-On (v1.5), you will still be able to play both versions of the game. Some locations on the Steam site say that the Wolves of the Pacific is actually v1.4, but as you see on your menu, it lists it as v1.3, in spite of Steam's claim of it being "the latest update". The v1.4 Ubisoft update will NOT take properly on the Steam version of the game, and will ABEND, as they used to say, for ABnormal END, and will close. However, use the U-Boats short-cut (I know, you're playing US Fleetboats in the Pacific...), and you'll be in version 1.5 of the game. I am also not certain of the Steam folder layout, but it might be that the mod gets applied across both versions (??) and might actually run in the v1.5, if you get it started.

As to documentation, as I mentioned previously, the first post of this thread (REL Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate - v1.7p3) has all sorts of information in it. You can skip the Add-In Mod Pak, and Nippon Maru, Nihon Kaigun and Interiors mods links for now, but below those are several "hot links" and "Spoiler" buttons that further open the posting. The best place for step-by-step, including installing SH4, is found in the Support folder of the mod. There are 10+ pdf files in the "root" Support folder alone, including a Table of Contents pdf, that if you have Acrobat Reader, you can leave the TOC open, and go back and forth between the other files using the TOC links. There is enough reading material there to put a computer programmer to sleep - better than any "C" Language book...

There are several posts from various Steam users here about making multiple copies of your SH4 installs, and being able to apply different mods to each different copy. Just be sure to understand what they are talking about before starting. I can do my Steam SH3 like that with my eyes closed, but I do not have a Steam SH4... sorry.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote