View Single Post
Old 12-21-21, 06:10 PM   #4031
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I just now ried to zero base this thing by deleting my SH4 game file from G:Games/Ubisoft and from the Documents folder. This should have taken care of any traces of history, right?

Assuming that is so, I copied my pristine v1.5 from my safe place back to G:Games/Ubisoft, and set the Read Only box to unchecked for all files and folders. I ran LAA to set the value to True for SH4.exe, and then extracted the new FOTRSU 1.7 to the MODS folder in the game file and then activated the mod via JSGME.

So at this point I should have a clean install of SH4 v1.5 plus the FOTRSU v1.7 mod, with no SH$ directory in the Documents folder, and with LAA activated.

I started the game, noting the new V1.7 Splash screen and the rapid load time, and set the Sound, Graphic, and Gameplay options from the main menu. Then exited the game to Windows. Next came a restart of the game to verify the graphics settings were there, and started a new career in the Asiatic fleet. Assigned to USS Seal (SS-183). Set my mission options in the office, got an assignment to patrol the Convoy College area of the Luzon Strait, and took off from outside the harbor.

I made the usual setting changes for torpedos, AA gun, etc., set a course, and went to Full Speed ahead. Note the "strange" appearance of the map - no topography or colors.

So, once again I followed the course, and once again, at about 25.1 NM WNW of the end of Corregidor Island the game crashed to desktop. I have no idea what is going on or what I missed. I'm considering scrubbing the whole thing, rebooting, and starting from zero. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
That looks like mod soup... but I don't know how... that is part Stock, part FotRSU. Look at Rock Storm's pic below, and you should have perty yeller lines at certain zooms, as well as much prettier land graphics there... It sounds like you should have a clean install, but blow it up again, and do the game re-install routine, whether Ubi, Steam or disk. Just make certain to install the DirectX v9 and Codecs if prompted. There is MultiSH4 in the main folder after activating, and you could try to use it to create a new Save folder, like FRS or whatever (3 characters only), and that will keep it away for any cross-contamination. It does not "sound" like an LAA issue, though it could possibly be. I am more inclined to think "contaminated", but I cannot figure the "how". There is often a couple of PT boats to the west-northwest of Mariveles about the time you're leaving, and then there are several fishing boats and / or tugs roaming about the place also that you might encounter. But that NavMap is the main symptom... if I was only a doctor... Where's Bones when you need him?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Storm View Post
Is it just me having not enough sleep or does the graphic look "sharper".
Works great so far, just wondering what the yellow strings are for:
Those line signify 15 degrees of longitude, and approximate one hour time zone lines. There is a purple line, not as easy to see, that denotes a simplified IDL, mostly on the 180 mark.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote