View Single Post
Old 12-21-21, 05:05 PM   #4028
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0
Default Rats!

I just now ried to zero base this thing by deleting my SH4 game file from G:Games/Ubisoft and from the Documents folder. This should have taken care of any traces of history, right?

Assuming that is so, I copied my pristine v1.5 from my safe place back to G:Games/Ubisoft, and set the Read Only box to unchecked for all files and folders. I ran LAA to set the value to True for SH4.exe, and then extracted the new FOTRSU 1.7 to the MODS folder in the game file and then activated the mod via JSGME.

So at this point I should have a clean install of SH4 v1.5 plus the FOTRSU v1.7 mod, with no SH$ directory in the Documents folder, and with LAA activated.

I started the game, noting the new V1.7 Splash screen and the rapid load time, and set the Sound, Graphic, and Gameplay options from the main menu. Then exited the game to Windows. Next came a restart of the game to verify the graphics settings were there, and started a new career in the Asiatic fleet. Assigned to USS Seal (SS-183). Set my mission options in the office, got an assignment to patrol the Convoy College area of the Luzon Strait, and took off from outside the harbor.

I made the usual setting changes for torpedos, AA gun, etc., set a course, and went to Full Speed ahead. Note the "strange" appearance of the map - no topography or colors.

So, once again I followed the course, and once again, at about 25.1 NM WNW of the end of Corregidor Island the game crashed to desktop. I have no idea what is going on or what I missed. I'm considering scrubbing the whole thing, rebooting, and starting from zero. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SH4Img@2021-12-21_16.26.08_681-1.jpg (20.2 KB, 10 views)

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote