View Single Post
Old 04-10-07, 01:12 AM   #133
winniepoo10
Nub

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Default What kind of subsim skipper are you?

Hi all,

I scored Hardcore however I am more Casual playing my first stock campaign in SH3 at a lowly 23% realism (don't even know what options are turned off). I love this game and am just enjoying the visuals and blowing things up.

Had an experience in a convoy attack last weekend where the front two compartments flooded from dc's and had to blow ballast and full reverse just to keep her off the bottom - experiences such as these where I survive and get back to port - albeit minus the tonnage - is helping fuel my desire for more and more realism.

I am just starting to experiment with proper intercepts and manual TDC although haven't started manual tracking, recognition and manual input into TDC. I have tinkered with various mods and installed GWX which looks fantastic.

A laminated copy of the Kriegsmarine Map has pride off place in a stand above my keyboard on my computer desk and I did get a kick back in the day from 688 Attach Sub Hunter Killer. I guess that spending all my spare time lurking at Subsim also probably helped me get my hardcore rating.

Jason Winthrop
winniepoo10 is offline   Reply With Quote