View Single Post
Old 04-02-12, 07:54 PM   #3
themrwho
Torpedoman

Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetton View Post
Very good for someone who uses the compass a lot and wants accurate readings,like myself!Bravo!!!
How can i make it compatible with 1333x768 resolution??Thanks in advance!
Wetton,

1st I need to tell you there is a great technical document on this main config file (menu_1024_768.ini) here:

[TEC] Tutorial: Deconstructing the menu_1024_768.ini file items
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111832

Unfortunately I didn't find that thread in time and I did all the changes by launching the game about 100 times manually trying to find out which parameter is which by going to submarine school (fastest way I could find way to test the GUI)

Now, without reading all the tech stuff above, if you just wanna get this modification done as quick as possible here is the key information: There is a value pair (X and Y dimensions) that defines the size of gauges. It works in reverse mode, therefore gauge size 90x90 is smaller than gauge size 75x75. Naturally 75x75 is smaller than 43x43.

• OMEGU v300 patch7 uses gauge size 90
  • CapnScurvy's mod used 75
  • I further increased my gauge size to 43

I recommend you start testing with size 53, not because it is a great size but because it is unique in the file and you can easily change to whatever you wish later on (more on this below). If you are not happy with it, change accordingly.

Here are the steps:
  1. Download and extract "Grandpa's Gauges for OM+OMEGU (rev1)"to your JGSME MODS directory.
  2. Open "Grandpa's_Gauges_for_OM+OMEGU" mod's "menu_1024_768.ini" file with any text editor
    (this file is located under Data\Menu\menu_1024_768.ini).
  3. Launch replace window of your text editor
    (e.g. windows 7's notepad application has this under CTRL+H keyboard shortcut)
  4. In the search for box type in this: 43 43
  5. In the replace with box type in this: 53 53
  6. Hit 'find next' (this should have brought you the first '43 43'.
    We do NOT want to change that as it has nothing to do with my mod (it is from OMEGU).
  7. Hit 'find next' (this should have brought you the second '43 43'.
    We do NOT want to change this one either - you know why.
  8. There are 6 more "43 43s" and we want to change all of them.
    They are pairs of gauge sizes.
    Hit 'replace all' now.
    [i.e. size for gauge1-mode1 & gauge1-mode2 and so on]
  9. Now activate both mods, launch the game.
  10. If not happy, deactivate, edit, reactivate and test.
Now before further modifications, make a copy of that file with gauge size 53 53 in it. Since there are no other "53 53"s in the document, next time you want to edit, simply replace all 53 53s with your desired gauge size.

Hope this helps.
themrwho is offline   Reply With Quote