View Single Post
Old 04-23-24, 07:18 AM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPY View Post
Thanks pb, but duds are definitely enabled…which explains my 60-75% dud/failure rate.

What I really wanted to know is if I can replace the entire torpedoes_US.dat file with the one from the original TMO 2.5 and if there are any other files I would need to replace with it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
... you would use Silent3Ditor to open the Data /Library / Torpedoes_US.dat file, highlight the desired torpedo you want to edit, select its ID in the upper middle, Ctrl-C to copy the number (such as 0x8f346dcc43bfbcb2), then click on the "sim" file link in the upper right of the window, and once in that file, use the "Edit - Find" menu (Ctrl-F) and use Ctrl-V to paste that ID number into the Find dialog. 'Search', and it should highlight the appropriate "amun_torpedo" for the desired torpedo...
Most likely not, due to that "ID" issue slightly described above. Each 'device' is linked by IDs, and changing one file of a set will most likely result in broken ID links. You might get away with changing the whole set of 4x Torpedoes_US files, but those also have ID links to other files, such as Particles that might be broken also. You could try the whole Torpedoes_US set (built as a mod) and see what happens, but if you then CTD when a torpedo impact is to happen, or possibly the torpedo passes through a ship, or perhaps you lose the 'explosion' or sound effect, you'll know you broke something.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote