View Single Post
Old 04-19-24, 05:38 AM   #1294
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Sick note squads to crack down on workshy Brits: Rishi warns 'spiralling' benefit bill is 'unsustainable' and 'life worries' are not a reason to shun work

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ring-2-8m.html

I remember the explosion of the sicknote culture after the miners strike, Thatcher couldn't sort it out in the 80s and these politicians wont sort it out now.
Sicknotes, PiP/DLA claims are all done in the same way I've been reliably informed, it goes right back to Thatcher and John Majors days in power, from the 80s and 90s they've tried to fix it and have failed every time. Some people will always try to get a slice of something for nothing, it's human nature, assessments were always a hit and miss affair, many claimants who needed DLA didn't get the financial aid it would have provided and a lot of claimants with nothing wrong with them did, it was a disaster.
The same thing is going wrong with the sicknote brigade, most of them are taking the piss as usual and something needs to be done about it, it can't be right that people in their prime of life are experiencing mental health issues, we old gits took our knocks on the chin and just moved on with life, these pillocks today can burn their toast on a morning and have to go to bed for a week to get over it, it's ****ing madness on steroids.

Governments have tried to sort these things out before, they've had some successes but overall they've failed miserably, Thatcher, Major, Blair and Cameron all failures. One thing I do know for definite and that is Sunak wiil soon be on that list of failures as well.