View Single Post
Old 01-06-09, 04:43 PM   #870
The Renegade
Mate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Hey everyone! First of all I want to pile on the gratitude and admiration for everyone involved in the TMO mod, and especially for Ducimus for putting it all together!

I just had a quick question, as I don't know all of the changes that have been made, both out of just not knowing or seeing a manual (is there a thorough Readme or manual? I have read the FAQ) and also because there are SO MANY!

Anyway, with the TMO mod, is ship traffic decreased? And are the radio messages/contacts decreased as well? I was trying to compare a stock patrol to a TMO patrol, and while the TMO patrol is superior in almost every way, there seemed to be a lot more merchant, warship, and air traffic near Japan and the China Sea with the stock game. I'm not a huge history buff, so I don't know if it's accurate, but it was very immersive to be receiving regular contact reports and it just made the game feel more alive to see all the convoys and task forces and pesky planes moving around the globe.

I've read that there are fewer planes in TMO, which I can say is quite true, and makes for a better and more realistic game, for the planes are a bit more scarce but definitely more deadly, which is worth it. I did like shooting down almost 10 planes per patrol though......very satisfying.

Also, is there an environment mod included? Like the ROW or whatever? It looks so BEAUTIFUL! I kinda missed the stock look at first, but now I can't even consider going back to it!!