View Single Post
Old 06-21-21, 11:57 PM   #3479
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Nice. lol I thought so. You know AI showed cards early, firing the deck gun, good chance a torpedo would have hit my boat if look outs and myself not alerted by the shell splash which provided critical seconds to make the evasive turn. When my torpedoes hit I now he was just a minute or so away from "diving" i.e. reaching last waypoint, given the time (dawn) and location (close to SF Bay entrance). Quite a start to a career. Have a feeling upon release between AI torpedo firing surface mines, and "friendly fire" going to get an ear full from some skippers lol. Whole new element of danger in TMO now, have to keep on alert. Now, if can only get submerged AI submarines to fire torpedoes reliable and the AI fleetboats on surface to stop causing CTD. Although enemy submarine encounters remain quite rare. I am trying to the AI IJN and German submarines native to TMO to fire torpedoes but not success as of yet.

I patrol without the event camera, too much warning for me and it pops up irritating times lol. However, if I see submarine I just follow the procedure real life skippers used, turn away(direction depends on location of submarine) to show stern at best speed, assume it has launched torpedoes. and if able DIVE.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote