View Single Post
Old 01-11-08, 08:04 PM   #27
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustahl
Hi Rubini, and thanks for your prompt response.
From my SH3 days I know of your modding skills and thus realize that your technical knowledge is superior.
I have been blinded by the stunning visuals in SH4 that my above mentioned settings have given me so far, but your additional info tantalizes me to experiment some more with alternative settings. I just didn't think it possible there might be even better yet visuals in store for me with other ("lesser") settings.
Just like somebody else further above mentioned, I too thought that the highest possible/feasible settings would automatically give the best results. Now you made me think again, mate. For instance I did not know abt that 16xQ stuff you mentioned. I'm curious however, what I might lose in terms of transparency, if I go from SSAA to MSAA.:hmm:

As a sidenote, I haven't been playing SH3 (with GWX + several more mods) for some time, because the geometry is distorted on my 22" widescreen. With my earlier 21" CRT I virtually lived inside SH3. GWX 2 being out, is a hint for a fix in this context permitted in this SH4 thread?
Well, at least i openned the exact same thread on Sh3 general forum too...take a look there for the same Sh3 issue.

I also have now a 26" wide LCD monitor. I´m yet able to play Sh3 in 4:3 even using this new monitor...at day light the image is soberb but...what is pissing me of is that the nights in LCD monitor are too dark and (if you just put more bright) the sea texture just isn´t good at night. I´m in the point that I will try to really make another ENV files (for night only) just to have better textures on a LCD pannel. Do you also have this "at night" colors/degrade problems/poor image on your LCD?:hmm:

Just a botton note: we in the GWX team already tried to port SH3 to a wide view (messing with the cameras FOV) but without success.