Old 01-11-08, 03:55 PM   #21
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
Rubini:

Thanks a lot! I'd "lost" my halo/flair at some point and I couldn't figure out why. Turns out I had WAY too much AA. I was running at Supersampling 16XS. Knocking it down to your suggested Multisampling at 4X returned the halo and flair...and at first glance I don't see any noticeable lessening in other visual aspects... Somehow this seems odd to me as I had thought "max'ing" out settings (such as AA)with my GTX8800 would prove the best results. Very Odd indeed.
This is my feelings too. A so powerful card that don't allow me to use the best settings because it's bugged on the drivers...and the worst is that it is an old unfixed issue. Luckily the 4xMSAA is at least acceptable, but not in the same quality level of the SSAA (yet have some shimmering).

I in truth didn't played Sh4 yet (just installed it almost an year ago and just made a first glance). But after read some threads on SH4 forum I noticed that the ATI cards also have sun halo absence (this is true for nvidia in Sh3!!!). LOL!

So, sorry to just said that only Nvidia is the "culprit".

Anyhow, again, the main two directions of this tweak are these:
1. No more than 4xMSAA or gamma correction to preserve sun halo and dense smoke (true for sh3 at least) -Can someone confirm this too for Sh4?
2. Use nHancer to unlock that hidden compatibility seeting 20000000: EA Strategy GAmes to have AA on the entire scene. (again at least true for SH3 and some others sims) Again, can someone confirm this for SH4?

Last edited by Rubini; 01-11-08 at 06:33 PM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote