View Single Post
Old 01-09-08, 04:03 PM   #25
scrag
Medic

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default BZ

Well written - I really enjoy reading concise stuff like what was posted. I know the bulk of you are on the mainland but it is an incredible feeling to walk over to the Sub base, past the chapel that Nimitz helped build, past Lockwood hall, to tour the Submarine Escape tower and gaze out over to Ford Island and see the ARIZONA memorial with the Mighty MO standing guard duty over Battleship Row. The sense of history here is incredible. Damage from the attack is still here on a number of buildings and yet a growing number of our Children do not understand or comprehend this place or the battle that took place here. This week a friend of my Son is visiting from the mainland and we are taking her to visit the ARIZONA. I wish more people would stand apart from the game and realize that History is what caused it to be created - and it is up to the new style of historians to ensure that it remains accurate and it remains a reminder to those who play that real lives were sacrificed in a fight against tyranny.