View Single Post
Old 03-21-07, 05:56 PM   #8
9th_cow
Planesman

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 0

i had an interesting mission after turning my nose up at the auto incomplete merchant hunt i spent a good 6 hours on a search pattern wich left me with a medium modern split to my name for some 30 shells and one torpedo. 3270 tons the better i left the area and headed west.
finally i bumped into a worthwhile seeming target. couldnt identify anything other than they were military but i sped towards the contacts to have a little nose around. id spent 45% of my fuel in the meantime and only encountered that one ship since leaving my base so was looking forward to some excitement.

and i got it in droves. 9 destroyers 2 light cruisers, 2 heavy cruisers, 1 tanker and 2 Kongos.

i used up all my torpedos and fuel in the process ( engage, sneak out, surface and shadow, rince and repeat * 3 )

but i claimed, 2 Kongos 64k and one Maya 9850 and 2 furutaka's 7100/6652.
those last 2 light cruisers lucked out, because in both instances i was aiming at the surviving Maya :rotfl:and they sailed right in i guess, i was busy diving and never got to see either, im sure the event cam doesnt always want to work , but its nice to be playing without externals.

i called it a day at that, wasnt going to do much with 1 remaining torp.
bit of a turkey shoot in early "41. one of those Kongos took 6 torps, i had to sit tight and wait for ages before i could get the thing sent to the bottom. the Maya on the other hand took 3 and rolled over soon after.
9th_cow is offline   Reply With Quote