Old 11-30-21, 06:45 PM   #251
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Well, that is just one of those SH 4 things I believe. I typically transit at 1056x time to and from patrol area, and 512 or less when close to and in patrol area. Typically at 512 will not miss the contacts. TMO uses stock time compression. Things can happen too fast for player sub sensors to catch one another and high TC will foul up weather and eventually the time of day, sunsets, dawn etc.

Typically will slow down for enemy contacts, friendlies and neutrals not so much.

From C:/UBI/CFG/Main

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=4
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=128;1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=8
RadioReport=8
Particles=8
PrayState=8
HunterState=32
3DRender=32
Maximum=8192
With TC, I have 2... (it may be 3, will have to roll back through the mod sets I have to definitely cross confirm this... ) that despite rechecking them, those settings, are getting bypassed & original values are being used. Which... doesn't make any sense... as the other parts of values there... are being adhered to.

Am including the base "[TIME COMPRESSION]" settings, that I have in each & every one of My, 9 mod sets I have... would be 10, but... am going through that set to make sure everything is there, before... I go for setting that 1 up. (Soviet Waterways SH4 mod set... would be # 10 )

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=8
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=128;1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1
Particles=64
PrayState=256
HunterState=256
3DRender=32
Maximum=512

My issue that, I'm running into... is I go for 512 TC, am expecting it to dead stop, once 512 TC is reached, but.. it's not.. it keeps on racking up. Is to the point, I have to keep My eye on the TC indicator & stop hitting the time compression increase key ( which is either "+" or "num. key +". Weirdly enough... reducing or pausing, no issues there... decreasing TC, soon as it hits pause, it dead stops.

Issue 2, is as with gandyrail there & what they are experiencing... on coming across other ships (including air targets... regardless of IFF status... ) sub, keeps chugging along when I am set to get hauled back to 1 TC. When it comes to land or radio message, however... as seen above, I get hauled out of high TC & back to 1 TC.

Am at a loss as to why it is doing that... is driving Me... insane. Ugh.

M. M.

side note:
your TMOverhauled v2.5 set, Bubblehead1980... is NOT one of those, 2 or 3 mod sets that have this issue... I am, using that same [TIME COMPRESSION] set up in it &... is working b..e..a.. utiful... in it, though.