View Single Post
Old 11-29-21, 10:21 PM   #246
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The game only allows one player-controlled "Deck Gun", so if the AA guns are set to "Deck Gun", you might not be allowed to control them, since you already have control over the main gun. The "camera" might be the only reason you're allowed in the position. That would be a test to try, is a non-threatening enemy ship, such as an un-armed tug anchored nearby to the player sub, and then an airplane come by a minute later, and see what you can and cannot do. Of course, standing orders out of CenPac state that you should NOT be caught unawares by any airplane under any circumstances...

Player can still man and control the AA guns when they are set as deck guns, i.e. for AI to fire at surface targets, I have used them with the mod enabled. However, can no longer use them at will. Basically, the guns have to be "active", i.e. the DECK GUN ordered manned by crew and fire command given, as long as the guns are manned or at GQ, player can fire the guns. However, once station is not manned, player can go to gun view but can not fire, if hit fire it will give a message saying position is not active.

I'd love to make them truly multip purposes as were, so target aircraft and surface targets, but I do not see a way to make that happen. Silly though, since the enemy AI ships AA guns fire at ships and planes.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote