View Single Post
Old 11-12-21, 01:59 PM   #5
Contemplative Flame
Watchman

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig van Hursh View Post
I'd like to not only see a new WW2 Fleetboat sim but I would really love to see a surface combat sim set the pacific.

Like something really cool could be along the lines of that Destroyer game that is being worked on but you have to fight off Japanese carrier planes and submarines or take part in the battles around Guadalcanal.

EDIT: Honestly I would like to see ANY surface combat sim along the lines of Silent Hunter.

Uhhh, are you aware of pretty much the only game ever made that fits that criteria, Destroyer Command? Because from the way you wrote this it sounds like you don't. I'll admit...it's over 20 years old and pretty dated. It can run kind of weird. The campaign is more primitive than something like SH4, you don't *truly* have free roam and the files are structured oddly. The campaign is kinda like a whole nother game with a different .exe. it's weird.

But especially with mods, it's the only thing that can really give you a surface warfare encounter. Planes, ships, subs, it has em all. Landing craft, oilers, you name it. You can use any destroyers from Clemsons on up. You can sail with capital ships or just yourself, or up to seven other destroyers you can work with, a full squadron in total. You can take command of them as needed, transfer your flag, etc. It really is unique and for it's age it's pretty cool.
Contemplative Flame is offline   Reply With Quote