View Single Post
Old 11-08-21, 10:21 PM   #222
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
As in real life... skippers in the latter stages, did have times when they had... a good or as good as was humanly possible, considering... fortune of having a good batch of torps. As they did have some times when they'd have torps go off, as they were supposed to. Granted not all the times...

Would hold back on looking at poking about in the guts, just yet... wait until after say at base minimum, 1 more patrol... better still... 2 more past that last patrol.

As for the time frame, can't say... haven't gotten that far yet & won;t be, for a bit yet.

Am in an emergency situation right nw... My Dell desktop, is in death throes... & am struggling to get what is needed, to do a snatch & grab.. of important files & folders off the HD, before it dies entirely.

My only saving grace is.. I have a 2nd tower, just need to see of getting it prepped & ready for taking the place of My dying Dell tower...

Have an external HD on the way... to do the snatch & grab. Then, is only the process of getting the other tower prepped to take the place of the Dell.

So, am gonna be on silent running for a bit... until I can get that done.

I liken the Dell, to losing a sub to depth charges...

Hopefully, won't take long to get things set up & rolling... until then...

Fair winds, smooth seas &... Good huntin'.

M. M.

Yes, that is why I asked on here, to see if it was just me, a fluke or if similar trends for other users.

The patrol I had previously, I had some duds, not as many as thought should have for time period but a few. Then the next patrol started August 15, 1943 and had no duds entire patrol as mentioned.

How it is designed in my mod, to reflect reality (and a message from command goes out at appropriate time in August 1943) is that torpedoes impacting at angles 45 or less have a fairly low chance or dud, those impacting above have highest, which is how it was. The standard "broadside" shots submariners were trained to attack caused firing pin in exploder to not function properly.

Next patrol in this career is November 1943 so all MK 14 problems are corrected. Will have to load up and use a test career I suppose.

Oh man, hate to hear about your situation! I have a desktop have had a long time, which I use for SH 4 only, keep it so dont have to deal with the Windows 10 etc nonsense and runs great but as they age, never know. Have a newer pc and new laptop for professional and personal matters aside from SH 4. I need to make sure everything is backed up, never know what could happen.

Best of luck to you, keep us updated.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote