View Single Post
Old 10-17-21, 10:26 AM   #12
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCory View Post
Thank you for your patience with explaining that to me. I continue to focus more on surviving than anything else haha

lol no problem, always glad to assist. I would suggest reading some of the submarine memoirs, all are excellent. "Clear the Bridge!" by Rear Admiral Richard O Kane (CO of Tang, XO on Wahoo) , Wahoo! (O Kane) "Thunder Below" by Admiral Eugene Fluckey(CO of Barb, possibly the finest WW II submarine memoir. I persuaded my girlfriend to read it and not something she would normally read, but enjoying it it seems. Fluckey was an excellent writer),Silent Running by Admiral James Calvert (Junior Officer on USS Jack most of the war, rose to XO before end of war) Silent Victory by Clay Bair, Submarine Operations in WW II by Theodore Roscoe (some info is dated as was published many years ago, but an excellent work) and for the(key) enlisted man's perspective, Torpedoman by Ron Smith. Smith served as a Torpedoman on Seal SS-183 in aft torpedo room, was aboard for terrible depth charge attack in July 1943, when forced to surface, expecting to fight it out.

Can, especially in the mods apply a lot of what will learn in those books and apply it in the sim, especially in mods such as TMO, plus provides excellent knowledge base.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote